Probiotics are living microorganims that provide health benefits upon consumption. The Bifidobacterium is the most common bacteria in the infant gut microbiome. Breast-fed infants are colonized earlier by Bifidobacterium when compared to babies that are primarily formula-fed.
PrimeFlora is formulated using a probiotic strain of human origin: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V. It is important to understand that not all probiotics are the same. Each specific species of probiotic has a different function for our health.
PrimeFlora‘s probiotic strain, Bifidobacterium breve M-16V a human strain probiotic has been shown to be highly compatible with human breast milk. Studies have reported that it is capable of utilising Human Milk Oligosaccharides, and tolerant to lysozyme. This strain is well adapted to the transmission routes and growth conditions in the infant gut.
- Bifidobacterium breve M-16V
- A human probiotic strain isolated from healthy infant
- FDA GRAS certified
- Prevents infection and promotes growth in low birth weight infants
- Reduces eczema symptoms
- Reduces allergic rhinitis and asthma symptoms
- Used in more than 100 NICU hospitals in Japan
- Has been shown to prevent Necrotizing Enterocolitis in infants
PrimeFlora contains a well proven probiotic strain to improve your immune health. It does not contain products of animal origin and is formulated under proper manufacturing conditions with continuous auditing and re-certification process.